Hi. My name is Kip, or Catherine if you prefer, and I’m a messy cook. I love spending time in the kitchen and sharing my disasters and discoveries.
I moved to England from my native Maryland (USA) in 2001 and have been here long enough to consider conversations about the weather interesting. I am self-employed and my work consists of a range of projects from t-shirt design to food writing. I like to make stuff, and Messy Vegetarian Cook is fueled by that enthusiasm.
Other interests include travel, beer (I co-organise London Vegan Beer Fest), spending hours in book stores, cats, wine, cartoons, and science.
The Messy Vegetarian Cook is a repository of veggie recipes, reviews and information, my own personal thoughts, and documentation of proof of my future as a crazy cat lady. My goal is to show it’s possible to eat a varied and delicious diet devoid of meat.
My cooking interests vary from week to week, year to year. I go through phases of obsession with the foods of a particular region, whether based on recent travels or discoveries of a new and previously unheard-of-to-me ingredient.
But one thing is for sure: no matter what I’m doing, or how much time I take to do it, my kitchen ends up a total tip.
Get in Touch
- Follow me on Twitter
- Like me on Facebook
- Drop a note! Let me know what you think or make some suggestions. Either way, I’d love to hear from you.
- Look at what I’m eating on instagram @Kippysnacks
The taste testers:
Every kitchen needs a couple of of keen foodies to sample the goods. No one said from which species they must come.
Relationships and Disclosures
- I’m a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
- I sometimes complement pages with Google Adsense to earn money to support the site and supplement my income (which is made 100% from internet based sales and advertising).
- I’m a participant in the Zazzle and Cafepress affiliate programs.
- I review restaurants and products from time to time, but never under a dishonest agreement (i.e. I will not accept payment, nor freebies to write a positive review.