Hi. My name is Kip, or Catherine if you prefer, and I’m a self confessed Messy Cook. I love spending time in the kitchen and sharing my disasters and discoveries.
My Professional Background
I moved to England from my native Maryland (USA) in 2001 and in London completed my B.A. (Hons.) in Psychology in 2003. I married a Brit, did some travelling, and committed to my first proper full time job. Following the realisation that a real job wasn’t for me, I travelled some more and returned home to embark on a career of self-employed internetsing (it’s a word, I swear) and stuff-making. The Messy Vegetarian Cook is part of that endeavour.
So you can certainly understand why I use the term “professional” lightly. I’m a mere hodgepodger, a jack of a few trades, and making a mess of my kitchen is but one of my talents. Sometimes I turn out stuff to eat as well.
What the What?
The Messy Vegetarian Cook is a repository of veggie recipes, reviews and information, my own personal thoughts, and documentation of proof of my future as a crazy cat lady. My goal is to show it’s possible to eat a varied, healthy, and delicious diet which is devoid of meat; the effect of my ambition rather tends to be one to illustrate my incessant need to discuss noodles and my cats.
My cooking interests vary from week to week, year to year. I go through phases of obsession with a particular region’s foods, based on recent travels or discoveries of a new and previously unheard-of-to-me ingredient. But no matter what I’m doing, or how much time I take to do it, my kitchen ends up a total tip- hence the title of this blog.
Get in Touch
- Follow me on Twitter
- Drop a note! Let me know what you think or make some suggestions. Either way, I’d love to hear from you.
- Visit my food pictures on flickr
Some personal favourites
The taste testers:
Every kitchen needs a couple of of keen foodies to sample the goods. No one said from which species they must come.
Relationships and Disclosures
- I’m a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
- I sometimes complement pages with Google Adsense to earn money to support the site and supplement my income (which is made 100% from internet based sales and advertising).
- I’m a participant in the Zazzle and Cafepress affiliate programs.
- I review restaurants and products from time to time, but never under a dishonest agreement (i.e. I will not accept payment, nor freebies to write a positive review.